Welcome Bar

Saturday, November 10, 2012

****Follow Up From "A Very Discouraged Grandmother & Licensed Clinical Social Worker'

Bookmark and Share
Well today I submitted my letter to all newspapers within the St. Louis Area and contact our TV channels as well.  It is such a frustrating situation to be in!  And in some ways it seems doubly difficult because it involves my grandchild!  So not only am I concerned about my Son but also my Grandchild.  It is quite the double whammy indeed...

As a social worker I am fully aware of the consequences of abuse upon the child!  Yesterday I worked up the energy to contact the other Grandmother to attempt to plant some seeds for her to possibly hot line these situations as well.  She stated her greatest fear to me as being her daughter keeping her grandchildren away from her...

All I could do was be supportive and empathetic - but I truly wanted to scream 'this is a way to get your daughter some help and help the children at the same time!'  The squeaky wheel gets the grease was my theory!  But I had to remain calm.  She doesn't understand either why the legal system allowed the failed drug tests, or the home study to pass without beds for the children, or didn't even bother to talk to her as being a caregiver for the other child involved.  The system is screwed up.  So there are over a dozen of us that are aware abuse and neglect go on and nothing can be done about it!

I feel so badly for everyone involved because the abuse is growing worse by the day!  No one knows where the 2 year old (my grandson) goes or stays when he is with his mother.  Ugh.  It is truly sad to see my grandson and know nothing can be done by those who are supposed to protect him.  He is such a sweet little guy!  I can't imagine being my son - listening to his child cry not to go with his mother and have to turn him over to her.  The whole process is torturous!

The Grandmother Who Cannot Seem to Help the Situation



No comments: